Save time and money by instructing a Public Access Barrister to advise and represent you at Court.

We have Public Access clerks waiting to assist you and who will recommend which Public Access Barrister is best placed to help you.


Submit an enquiry form

Step 1 is to fill out and submit the appropriate enquiry form which is designed to collect as much information about your case as possible. This information will be used to help us identify the Public Access Barrister best placed to represent you.


Speak to a Clerk

Having considered carefully the information in your completed enquiry form, one of our Public Access  clerks will contact you to let you know if your case is suitable for a Public Access Barrister or whether it would be better dealt with by a Solicitor. If a Public Access Barrister can do it, then the Public Access Clerk will explain how the process works, who the most appropriate Public Access Barrister for your case is and how much it will cost.


Your Client care letter

Once the appropriate Public Access Barrister has agreed in principle to represent you, you will be sent a ‘client care letter’. This will set out in detail the work you have requested the Public Access Barrister to do for you, what he will be able to do to help, and the fee the Public Access Barrister will charge to advise or represent you. These fees must be paid in full before the Public Access Barrister is permitted to start any work.


Instructing a Barrister

If you wish to go ahead and instruct one of our Public Access Barristers to advise or represent you at a Court hearing,  you will sign be asked to pay the agreed. Once payment has been received your Barrister will start working for you. Payment can be made by debit card, by credit card (for which there is a 1.05% charge) or by cheque (which must have cleared before work can begin).